- Take a Picture!
- Author Visits
- Reviews for Toby and the Secret Code
- Reviews for Grady's in the Silo
- Reviews for Sunsets and Haiku
- Reviews for Racecar Driver's Night Before Christma...
- Reviews for Clancy
- Reviews for The Great Elephant Escape
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Author Fun Facts
- Activities for My Books
Sunday, July 17, 2016
I'm with Lilly, one of the two elephants that escaped in 1975 from the circus grounds. Her friend, Isa, is still able to work for a living. Lilly lives at the Endangered Ark Foundation in Hugo, OK. If you haven't visited the Endangered Ark, they have tours on some Saturdays, and I know you'd enjoy seeing some of the many elephants that live there. You also get to feed a few of them. The elephants are cared for there, bathed (which you get to see when you tour the Endangered Ark), and it's a place for older elephants as well as the baby elephants.