Saturday, June 3, 2017

Creative Women of Oklahoma Award in Poetry


Creative Women of Oklahoma Award in Poetry

Today I received the Creative Women of Oklahoma Award in Poetry from Gamma State of  Delta Kappa Gamma Society International for my Sunsets and Haiku book. It's a beautiful award and was presented at their state conference in Oklahoma City. I enjoy writing haiku, and I love taking pictures of sunsets. My book was published by Doodle and Peck Pub. Co.

Delta Kappa Gamma Society International is a professional organization of women educators based in Austin, TX. It promotes personal growth and excellence in education, and there are thirty-six chapters in Oklahoma.

My friend, Hannah Harrison, also attended today. She received the Creative Women of Oklahoma Award for Illustrations. Below is a picture of Hannah and me. And, a picture of the award I received.


 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment