Friday, July 29, 2016

Sunsets and Haiku


       Sunsets and Haiku

        My latest book, Sunsets and Haiku, was published by Doodle and Peck Pub. Co.  I enjoy taking photographs of sunsets, and I combined the photos with some of my haiku.
        It's a wonderful gift book or coffee table book. For teachers who teach haiku, its a great book to read to their classes. After reading some of the haiku, teachers could use my photos and let students create their own haiku.
        I received the Creative Women of Oklahoma Award in Poetry for this book. It was given to me by Gamma State of Delta Kappa Gamma at their annual conference. It's a beautiful award.

       Getting a copy is easy. Just go to Doodle and Peck Publishing Co. and order your copy.

                          doodleandpeck.com/product-page/sunsets-and-haiku

         
                                       One of my haiku to accompany this book is the following:

Fiery sunburst
Smoky patches drifting west
 Blazing prairie fire

  
Here's a few photographs I've taken of sunsets.  
                                              

A jogger along the lake with a sun that seems to have a Jack-o-Lantern face.




This sunset reminds me of caramel candies or taffy ready to pull. Yummy!




This sunset picture had both orange and blue skies depending on how I turned my cameara as I took photos.
The blue color was unusual for me. I usually get orange, red, yellow, and pink sunsets, but rarely do I get blue. This photo was taken at Lake Overholser.





Fishermen near sunset at the lake. A variety of colors shown through the tree limbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment