Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Significant Women in Agriculture Award


Significant Women in Agriculture Award

       It's wonderful to receive a Significant Woman in Agriculture Award, but this "city girl" doesn't feel like she should receive such an honor.  I watch and listen to women who run big farms, drive tractors, help birth those baby calves, gather eggs, and bale hay, and I don't do any of that.
      They deserve such great awards, but I feel that I only write books about animals who happen to live on farms. Grady's in the Silo has always been a favorite for the Ag in the Classroom program that Oklahoma has. My newest book, Clancy, is about a goat on a farm. I have other stories, so far unpublished, that have farm settings.
      It is quite an honor for me, so I want to thank the Ag in the Classroom ladies and the Dept. of Agriculture. Kaylee Snow wrote the article, and she was a delight to work with on this article.


https://www.oda.state.ok.us/SignificantWomen/Una%20Belle%20Townsend.pdf


No comments:

Post a Comment