Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Susanna Leonard Hill's Halloweensie Writing Contest



Susanna Leonard Hill's Halloweensie Writing Contest

It's time for Susanna's Halloweensie Writing Contest, and here's my entry. I wrote a story of 100 words (that's the limit), and I had to use the words "potion," "cobweb", and "trick" within it. The story could be prose or poetry. I had a lot of fun writing this spooky type of story. Do you think ghost hid in a tree and watched all the other spookies? How about those lizard tails and liver loaf? Did they Trick or Treat near you?





Halloweensie Spookies

“Boo!” said ghost, hiding in a tree.
“Bet, no one can find me, hee, hee, hee.”

“Oops! said little witchy, dropping mama’s potion,
“Now I’ve ruined her jar of salamander lotion.” 

“Brrrrrrrrrr,” said skeleton, shivering in the breeze,
“I need a cup of cocoa, please, please, please.”

“Whooooooo?” said owl, gliding overhead,
“Put those nasty cobwebs in my tiny bed?”

“Hiss” sputtered black cat, curled in a cozy place,  
“I’m watching bats go bonkers in a Halloween Race.”

Ghost met them at the graveyard said, “Now, it’s time to eat,
Lizard tails and liver loaf before we Trick or Treat.”






No comments:

Post a Comment