Sunday, October 31, 2021



Cooking Up Something Special

 

11th Halloweensie Writing Contest

It's Susanna Leonard Hill's 11th Annual Halloweensie Writing Contest, and once again, I've entered it. To enter, I have to write 100 words or less on the topic of Halloween, and include the words "glow-in-the-dark, goosebumps, and goodies" in my story. It's fun to write a story of 100 words or less, but it often means cutting words I hate to lose throughout my story. Below is my entry for this year's writing contest.


HALLOWEEN GOODIES

                                                                            By

Una Belle Townsend

Word count: 100 wds.

 

My Aunt Halley makes me weird Halloween goodies.  Sometimes it’s banana bat wings, crunchy cattails, or peppermint pig’s ears.

This year, I decided to surprise her with a treat. I made glow-in-the-dark pumpkin pudding with tiny black spiders on top.

“It’s delicious,” she said. Soon she shivered and broke out with orange and black goosebumps all over her face, arms, and hands.

What had I done?

Aunt Halley burped a tiny burp and smiled. Then, she burped a huge, smelly burp and giggled. Finally, she belched out a humongous burp and cackled.

“You got me,” she said. “Where’s that recipe?”



 


No comments:

Post a Comment