Saturday, February 17, 2024

It's Been a While

 Hello,

It's been a while since I was on this blog. Life, Covid, medical problems, new books I've published, and many other challenges seemed to get in the way. I've started self-publishing my own books, and I hope to keep up this blog a little better than I have in the past. 

Pelican Publishing, which was bought by Arcadia, declared my first four books out of print. I have my rights back for those books. I wanted a book for the 75th Anniversary of Grady jumping in the silo in Yukon, OK. The anniversary is Thursday of next week. Grady jumped in the silo on Feb. 22, 1949. We'll be at Grady's 66 Pub in Yukon from 5 to 7  next Thursday. 

We hope to have new books at the anniversary to sign, but we may not be able to get them on time. Jerry Bennett is the illustrator of the new edition. His illustrations are wonderful, and we can hardly wait to have a new book in our hands. This is Grady's new cover.



Besides the new Grady book, I've also published a new Haiku book called  Just "Plane" Haiku. It has many plane pictures which my husband, my son, and I took at different times. It's on Amazon with both a softback and a hardback book available. The new book has  photos of  warbirds, military planes, aerobatic planes, commercial planes, the shuttle, and many other surprising planes. There is also a list of simple definitions included, along with some interesting facts about some of the planes.




  Below is just one of the planes included in my new book called  "Just 'Plane' Haiku" book.



Thanks for reading. I'll write more later. If  you are a teacher and have some of my books, check for art ideas and activities for your classroom on this blog. I have many activities on Pinterest, too.

I also have a new Facebook page. It's  unabelletownsend,author. Be sure and like the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment